Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

area of interests and chosen discipline?

+7
KiddingAround
JezzaBella
TradeMark
DressageAndRhinestones
Reinergirl
Zada
myevenstar
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

area of interests and chosen discipline? - Page 2 Empty Re: area of interests and chosen discipline?

Post  JezzaBella Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:32 am

I know how you feel Park Ave. I got Diesel as a baby (brand new outta momma) and obviously I wasn't going to be riding in the near future, ended up leasing an awesome lil qh, getting burned in the end, then bought a freshly started arab gelding. I just couldn't wait 3 frickin years and got sick of begging clients if I could borrow their horse lol.

Babies are awesome, horses without baggage. But the wait is freakin painful haha. For me well worth the wait.
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

area of interests and chosen discipline? - Page 2 Empty Re: area of interests and chosen discipline?

Post  KiddingAround Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 am

I haven't gone to see her yet. We are so swamped with family stuff, calving, work etc. that we haven't had time! We aren't in a rush, but still.....the more horses the better!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  CWarmbloods Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 am

I ride dressage (or did) as well. Haven't had a whole lot of time to ride with 2 young kids now. In the past I have Endurance rode (50 mile rides), done gymkahna, western, english, jumping and took a few cutting lessons. I would love to do more cutting but it is pretty expensive not to mention you need the cows to work on. However, right now I am mainly into breeding warmbloods and riding dressage for pleasure when I get a chance. Maybe one day I will get back to showing.

CWarmbloods

http://www.cindyswarmbloods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:57 am

I don't ride in anything specific either.

Started out Western 19yrs ago and have mostly stuck with western through 4H and local schooling shows in BC...ahh yes when they actually had a western schooling/game show once a month!.....LOL

I dabbled a bit in english pretending to know what I was doing and jumping my TB mare over anything I thought we could jump. Ahhh yes, the days of being a fearless teenager!!!!

Rode alot of green horses when I was younger. Suprised I never got hurt as I didn't know nothing about riding and would ride anything, anywhere!!! My bestfried at the time and I were the Crash Test Dummies of the new horses at that time...at the stable we worked at....LOL

I did a few flat classes 2yrs ago at Killerny with my paint gelding (then a stallion).

I would like to try and get to some schooling shows this year...some more flat classes and maybe i'll be brave and try some jumper classes...nothing to high tho!....LOL...although he can jump 2'6 I can't!.....LOL

Going to attempt some barrel racing IF I can get some speed into my horse at home...he's pretty lazy....out at a show he's more energetic!....lol
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  Gypsy_Vanner Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 pm

I generally just trail ride although I would love to learn anything western (barrels, reining, etc.) I just need to get my confidence up, get my fear in check of going that fast (for barrels) and "ged her done!" lol.
Gypsy_Vanner
Gypsy_Vanner

http://www.albertahorserescue.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ParkAvenueEquines Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:14 pm

JezzaBella wrote:I know how you feel Park Ave. I got Diesel as a baby (brand new outta momma) and obviously I wasn't going to be riding in the near future, ended up leasing an awesome lil qh, getting burned in the end, then bought a freshly started arab gelding. I just couldn't wait 3 frickin years and got sick of begging clients if I could borrow their horse lol.

Babies are awesome, horses without baggage. But the wait is freakin painful haha. For me well worth the wait.

Other than the fact that I bought one that was untouched, one that was veyr underweight and had strangles, one that had part of his leg taken off by a barbed wire fence, and the two year old decided last year as a four year old to refuse to be caught or worked in any manner, yep, no baggage, training wise anyways Smile

I've boughted two horses in the past two years that were broke to ride, and neither worked out for us... and of course my colt from last year that I bought at five days old, who unfortunately colicked last summer. Sometimes things don't work out, lol, sometimes you're stuck with what you have because you wouldn't dream of selling.
ParkAvenueEquines
ParkAvenueEquines

http://www.parkavenueequines.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2