Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud

4 posters

Go down

Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud Empty Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud

Post  swancreek Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:36 pm

*Xadrez do Pentagono (Shads)"PSL"(Lusitano) imported from Brazil. One seldom finds a Lusitano of his Quality and breeding let alone color. Born of two Double Creams, he not only offers the Best in Traditional Lusitano Phenotype but has the pedigree to pass all his traits, along with his loving nature on to his Buckskin, Palomino,Smoky Black and Double Cream Dilute, offspring! Almost pure Viega bred (bred for centuries in working cattle in rough and hard ground), Shads is now being trained for working cattle. He is taking to the rope very fast and KNOWS his job! He is far exceeding our expectations! Calm enough to carry calves from the saddle he is all game to take on charging cows or pull a bull in from the field. Started in harness, he will be hitched for log skidding with both our older stallion Merlin and the younger "baby" Sueno.
Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud Shads_10
Shads was hand picked by a reknown Dressage Master in Brazil, who brought the first Luso`s to Brazil in the 1970`s, due to his movement (suited for Dressage), Temperament, traditional build and Classic Lusitano looks. This a photo of Shads` third ride in Brazil: Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud Img_0810

Color tested Ee Aa CrCr so he is guaranteed to produce BUCKSKIN, PALOMINO, or SMOKY BLACK.
"LIVE FOAL AND FOAL SATISFACTION GUARNTEE" All foals are registrable. All colts must be gelded unless otherwise agreed upon.(this is to insure only the Best Representatives of the breed are marketed as stallions). Any foal produced by any of our stallions are welcome to be listed with photos and pedigree on our web site if for sale or future breeding.
Shads sire and leading double cream Lusitano horse in the world for champion offspring Donaire:
Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud Donair10
Breeding fees: $500 grades and Arabians $750 Registered non-Andalusian mares or Drafts $1000 PUREBRED ANDALUSIAN, LUSITANO or PURE SPANISH-PORTUGUESE ANDALUSIAN. Fees are in Canadian funds. AI available.

Photos and pedigrees available on request or by visiting our website
http://www.swancreekandalusians.ca/Xadrez.html , if video link below does not work go directly to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNgj23qmZM which is of the video link below.
We have placed one video link by request. new video will be coming once the grass starts coming.

Last edited by swancreek on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to post photo or video, albertaequine link to video says)
swancreek
swancreek

http://www.swancreekandalusians.ca/

Back to top Go down

Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud Empty Very nice stallion

Post  Dave Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:10 pm

He is beautiful and very well formed. Most I have seen are not of very good quality and a lot of conformation faults. I believe you listed him as a Perlino, double cream dilute. This is good. I know the cream gene can be hid in grey but hate it when people have grey horses, don`t color test them to see if they are dominate grey or not, and tell people they can get palomino, buckskin or blacks. Any stallion can sire that depending on the color of the mare. All grey stallions will produce 50% grey and if the grey is dominate, 100% grey. Some even confuse the greying in some Iberian horses as Buckskin due to dorsal stripe. This is misleading and should not be done. I saw one grey stallion and his sire is clearly a grey, even at a young age, but they, without color testing, claim he was a buckskin which he wasn`t.
I look forwards to seeing foals by your stallion.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud Empty Re: Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud

Post  swancreek Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi Dave,
yes it is easy in this breed to say you have a buckskin horse due to color but with testing, and all breeders should request this, the only way you will get a buckskin foal is if one of the parents have a Cream gene. At time our one stallion LOOKS Black , solid black, but is a bay. We have 2 Perlino stallions and I will be posting the other one soon. He is the ONLY horse with his set of papers in the world! Part Bocado (PRE, or Pure Spanish) and 1/2 Viega (PSL, or Pure Portuguse bloodlines.) bounce bounce bounce
We don`t breed for color but quality first. We wanted to add color and in doing so it took us over 5 years to find the two double cream stallions we have. Very Happy
Shads foals are not due till late fall as he made it Canada in October. The other one however has 4 foals due any day now. 3 are 3/4 breds and one is a Purebred out of our merlin daughter. These foals will ONLY be Smoky Black or Buckskin. cheers
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud Empty Re: Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud

Post  ABSOLUTELY RADIANT Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Just watched the video and thought he was adorable. Just a dumb quick question on colour....if he was bred to a black what are my chances of a buckskin?
ABSOLUTELY RADIANT
ABSOLUTELY RADIANT

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Shads is not homozygous for the Agouti so chances are you`ll have a 50/50 chance of Buckskin...if he passes on his Agouti.
Now you can add to that too. Depending if your mare is homozygous for the Black gene or not. If she carries a red gene ( one of her parents being a chastnut OR a bay with a red gene) you could also get a Palomino if Shads passes on his red gene as well. Smile
We have heterozygous(Ee aa) and homozygous black mares (EE aa) as well as Homozygous Bay (EE AA and EE Aa) and heterozygous Bay (Ee Aa and Ee AA) mares. Shads is heterzygous for both the Black gene and Agouti (EeAa) Plus has the two cream genes CrCr. He can pass on the Black gene (E) or the red gene (e). He can pass on the Agouti (A) or no Agouti (a) The agouti restricts the black pegment to the points area. If you have no agouti (a) the black pegment is distributed all over..thus you have a Black horse Very Happy
This is why you can get a chestnut from two Bay or black parents. If both pass on the recessive gene (red factor) two heterozygous bay horses (Ee) can have a chestnut (ee). Two Black parents can NOT have a bay though as bay horses must have an agouti. Some bays do however look extremely black! Color can not just pop up. Two true Blacks, homozygous or heterozygous for the Black GENE which is E can never produce a bay ever becuase they have no agouti (A) to pass on... but they can produce chestnut if they do have the recessive red factor gene (e). But honestly I am un sure 100%..but I "think" you can not have a black horse (aa) if they do not have the black gene (E). I do know you can not have a Homozygous Black stallion unless it tests EE aa. If you see anyone listing a Homozygous Black horse make sure you see the color test results to make sure he/she IS a true Homozygous horse!

Last edited by swancreek on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : explain better. : ))
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  ABSOLUTELY RADIANT Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Wow!! That's why I leave it up to the experts on what's what on the gene department! Shocked Another question....if I bred my American Saddlebred mare to your stud....can I only register the foal half saddlebred? I know if you cross the saddlebred to friesian or other draft horse, they can be registered as a Georgian Grande or through the friesian sport horse(that's breeding to a friesian of course)....is there some registry when breeding to outside mares with the Lusitano? study
ABSOLUTELY RADIANT
ABSOLUTELY RADIANT

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Yes. All foalsby or out of a registered Andalusian/Lusitano can get half Half Andalusian papers Smile
They can also be registered as an Iberian Warmblood. Any foal with 1/4 andalusian/Lusitano blood ( if parent is reg. 1/2 andalusian) can also be registered as Iberian Warmblood.
Check out our other posts and photos! Laughing
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 pm

Wow, what an exotic looking horse. I know nothing of breeds off the beaten trail (so to speak lol), but I bet he'd make a fantastic mix with an Egyptian bred arab. :-)
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Thanks. We think with his breeding and build he should produce excellent with any breed cross not just other purebred Andalusians. Our filly by our other stallion is out of a half Andalusian X Khemosabi-*El Moktar mare. The crosses, with our stallions anyways, seem to put more bone and muscle on the resulting offspring and depending the breed still allows the traites we wish to keep in the other breeds like tail cariage and speed.
Imported Double Cream Dilute Lusitano at Stud 2009_025
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:17 pm

I love the Iberian cross. Do you have any foals due by this stallion yet?

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Fri May 01, 2009 9:25 am

We will have a 3/4 bred andalusian possible overo this fall. he came in October so...what waiting! We will start having his foals in March next year. : )
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri May 01, 2009 5:56 pm

ill you have any purebreds next year and if so how many?

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Sat May 02, 2009 11:13 am

We will be having 7 Purebred foals by Shads next year. Only one will be, without a doubt a grey. 3 will be 50% chance of grey ( but will be Palomino, Buckskin or smoky Black) and 3 will be Buckskin or Smoky Black.
We will also be expecting 3 double cream dilute foals, one will be out of an unregistered pure spanish mare.
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down