Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

+4
TradeMark
Zada
KiddingAround
DressageAndRhinestones
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: General Chat

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Gallamist wrote:Hey we had a clinic today too!

Where was your clinic at?
I was riding at Killerney Farms with my coach Bonny Bonnello.

Who/where was the one you were at?
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Well, Kid is on his way to being a rope horse! LOL!
The fiance spent about 20mins throwing the heel rope at him, at the saddle, at his feet etc. Roped the saddle and pulled Kid over a few steps each way, then roped one of his feet. Then I got on and threw the rope off of his back a couple of times. He didn't even move! Probably sick of having the roped hucked at his face, and he knew I can't rope to save my life so he wasn't worried about actually having to do anything!
Aside from his "I'm a stallion" retard moments, he's on his way to being the horse I once knew!
Waiting patiently for the calves to be born......we have about 18 cows and only 4 babies.......come on ladies!

Well, now I've rambled.

Sounds like you northern ladies had fun! Wish you all were a little bit closer! You guys going to The Mane Event? If so, let me know and we can meet up. I'm going with my mother in law and niece.
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:21 pm

I was actually thinking about learning how to toss a larriette (sp?), obviously not to rope cattle since we gots no cows. Just to do something fun off of my little boy, maybe rope a few boarders now and then... Punishment for tossing their smoke butts on the ground lol.
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:09 pm

It was fun! I am no good at all......and god awful slow, but it's ok.....I can practice. Just be prepared to whack yourself in the head a few times! LOL!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamalittledream Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:53 pm

I was actually thinking about learning how to toss a larriette (sp?), obviously not to rope cattle since we gots no cows. Just to do something fun off of my little boy, maybe rope a few boarders now and then... Punishment for tossing their smoke butts on the ground lol

Use it for when the kids get cheeky lol! Razz
dreamalittledream
dreamalittledream

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Haha! We used to do that to my brother as kids....but he thought it was fun so the torture was denied! LOL!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:45 pm

dreamalittledream wrote:
I was actually thinking about learning how to toss a larriette (sp?), obviously not to rope cattle since we gots no cows. Just to do something fun off of my little boy, maybe rope a few boarders now and then... Punishment for tossing their smoke butts on the ground lol

Use it for when the kids get cheeky lol! Razz

Don't give me any ideas... Twisted Evil
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:50 pm

So Courtney (my oinkers) has been having bleeding spots on her the past few days. I wasn't sure wtf it was until I caught the evil bich chickens pecking at her while she was trying to tuck herself in to her blankets. I kicked those hens out of her room like their arses were on fire.

They no longer is allowed to sleep in her room. I know once a chicken pecks a bloody spot they don't stop, I had to blue spray my lil oinkers. Now she looks like some fancy hybrid lmfao.

I seen Emma pecking hay off of the hair on her face, but she was always really gentle with it and Courtney liked it. Maybe the stoopid bird got it in her head that Courtney is MADE of alf alfa.
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 pm

LOL OMG chickens are stoooopid!!!!!
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  knipper Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:15 am

...is now a good time to remind you that I wanted to name them Crispy and Fajita?
*hums* I feel like chicken tonight, chicken tonight
(we need musical notes emoticons)

knipper

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamalittledream Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:38 am

Poor Oinkers, dern chickens. I have to say I'm a little dissapointed in Emma, my fav hen but I guess thats their nature. Its the white one that turned em bad Shannon, I tell ya she had that look lmao. Razz
dreamalittledream
dreamalittledream

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:52 am

Yep it was Ella! she's the bad one of the bunch!!! The odd ball cause she's white so she figured she would have to do something to be noticed so she turned the good chickens bad!

Can make a video on this. When Chickens go Bad! or When Chickens Attack!
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamalittledream Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Yep it was Ella! she's the bad one of the bunch!!! The odd ball cause she's white so she figured she would have to do something to be noticed so she turned the good chickens bad!

Can make a video on this. When Chickens go Bad! or When Chickens Attack!

HAHAHA LMAO @ when good chickens go bad...I was just thinking that before I read that sentance Razz
dreamalittledream
dreamalittledream

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:37 am

I love llamas, I love donkeys, I love mules... Long ears just make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and I like critters off the beaten track.

I think I'll impregnate one of my mares later on in life with a standard or mammoth jack. Most likely my appy, not sure if she'll throw her colour but I'll get more insight into that when I have an awesome appy baby from her, and once I can track down her ex owners in regards to past foals she's had (she's had two). Even without spots, a mule baby would still be frickin awesome. They just make me laff and they are fantastic on the trails... I'd like to train to pack as I'd like to get more heavy into trail riding, which might someday require using packers.

I'd like to get back into Llamas one day, I was as a kid... volunteered at a rental farm where people would use them for camping out on the trails. They are fantastic animals to be around and to bond with, their wool is worth quite a bit more than sheep wool which would pay for itself at least, hopefully.

On a different note, my mare has an uber hard mouth and I get really tired of having to use brute strength to slow her down. It's not that she doesn't understand what I want, she's just evading it. I know this because in the arena she's not even half as bad, I can bring her down no prob. On the roads or trails its just constant fighting with her. Grrr. Other than that I LOVE riding her, she's got a fantastic smooth gait, will go anywhere, in any weather, and never has issues with feet tenderness.
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:19 pm

JezzaBella wrote:
On a different note, my mare has an uber hard mouth and I get really tired of having to use brute strength to slow her down. It's not that she doesn't understand what I want, she's just evading it. I know this because in the arena she's not even half as bad, I can bring her down no prob. On the roads or trails its just constant fighting with her. Grrr. Other than that I LOVE riding her, she's got a fantastic smooth gait, will go anywhere, in any weather, and never has issues with feet tenderness.

I switched Kid to a twister wire gag bit and that helped him with his hard mouthed issues....not sure if that would help you?
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Yeah a friend of mine has a twisted snaffle for her horse, she swears by it. I think I'll try a figure 8 bridle first, she does gape her mouth a lot even with the noseband cinched right up. I just hate how those bridles look, but if it works then smakin lol. I did put her in a d ring snaffle with the copper rollers and it has helped, but not as much as I was hoping.

(oh, smakin is my werd... it means good things like 'awesome'. It's the 'rad' of the new millenium lmfao)
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

Back to top Go down

General Chat - Page 2 Empty Warning! Brag post!

Post  KiddingAround Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Oh oh! Kid and I actually had a JOB today! The fiance asked me if I could go out, bring in our 40 or so heifers/steer calves, move them to another field, let the cows/calves out into the field where the heifers/steers are. So.....I put on my brave face, told Kid not to fail me, and saddled up.
*for those of you who don't know Kid, only a year ago he was PETRIFIED of cattle........sang that song "Cows with Guns" in his head. Swore they were going to eat him......if they were 3 fields away they were to close....you get the idea*
Now, me and my (hopfully) fearless steed strike out into the pasture, and of course the wind is blowing durn good today. Not an eye is batted. *phew*
Now, my darling longhorn heifers are nosy little missus'. They don't want to "round up".....nope, they want to investigate. So we spend a good 15mins or so convincing them to run AWAY from the horse. Finally, off they go. *insert small panic here* I am hoping Kiddo doesn't think he needs to RUN after them. A little prancing, then settles into a walk.
Get them out (WOO HOO!!!!!!! VICOTORY CHEER!!!!!!!!) Even went into a little alley with mud and about 5-6 calves bunched in there and moved them out. Open/Close a bunch of gates, and head into the cow pen. Now this I am not to worried about. We have 22 cows, and 4 calves on the ground now, and they are good old girls. Move them out, all but one little calf. She lost sight of mamma around the corner, and decided that Kid could be her mamma. Kid was giving her the "Uhhh, you are one small cow.....maybe I should be scared " look, when Red Mamma came back to fetch her. Close the gate and we are DONE! cheers
End of story. I let him off after that. Wind, nosy running cows, calves who lose their mamma, and my mare whinnying in panic cause I took her boyfriend away, and NO explosions!
Finally thinking I'm not scared of him anymore!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:34 pm

JezzaBella wrote:Yeah a friend of mine has a twisted snaffle for her horse, she swears by it. I think I'll try a figure 8 bridle first, she does gape her mouth a lot even with the noseband cinched right up. I just hate how those bridles look, but if it works then smakin lol. I did put her in a d ring snaffle with the copper rollers and it has helped, but not as much as I was hoping.

(oh, smakin is my werd... it means good things like 'awesome'. It's the 'rad' of the new millenium lmfao)

Ah yes. Kid still chews on it when he has decided that he is done, but a lot more responsive. Good luck!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:44 pm

So I got asked to judge Pony Club Regionals! The only thing that sucks is that it's the same weekend as the EAADA Gold Rush CDI**, but I figure that's 4 days long and my horse can take Saturday off showing Razz Razz It's at Beaumont Ag grounds and should be super fun, I'm really excited to go buy a bunch of fun stickers so I can put them on all the tests!!!
Now I just need to get some shadow judging in at earlier shows so I am a little bit more confident in my abilities. I figure I can also "judge" my friends tests from the stands and then steal their test sheets to see how close I was to the real judge's score.
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum