Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'd like to introduce my boys!

+3
myevenstar
FehrGroundRanch
cowgirlup114
7 posters

Go down

I'd like to introduce my boys! Empty I'd like to introduce my boys!

Post  cowgirlup114 Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Hey figured I'd introduce my boys to you all. First up is my 7y/o morgan Kokanee (AKA Koke) He was my first ever horse and has the biggest puppy-dog personality. The first time I went away for a week after purchasing him, he walked up to everyone that came into the field, sniffed their faces and then walked away when he realized it wasn't me. He is purebred, just no papers. I saw both his parents and they both had the thick, quarter horse builds. Koke ended up being a nice, slim, tall show built morgan. Where'd those genes come from? Lol. He also has a weird quirk. He holds his tail to the side just like an Arab. He was also the first horse that I ever broke myself and I really lucked out! Never bucked, never reared. His way of being rebellious was not moving and then slowly leaning into the fence because apparently standing with me on his back was too much work He takes everything in stride. His first time out on the trails was also his first time bareback with just a halter and he didn't care. He's been on roads, doubled with me and my friends/family, in parades(which he loves! He always tries to outwalk the wagon so that he can be in the lead). I use him for my friends that have never ridden before and for my 10y/o brother who is a little bit afraid of horses. He's so trustworthy I can't praise him enough! His only issue is that he rubs his mane during the summer until it's nothing but a mohawk. I've tested him for anything ad everything that might be causing this but the vets only tell me that he "might" be allergic to some fly bites. I doubt it though since flyspray doesn't help and neither does the shampoo they give me to wash him with The only thing I've found that works so far is showsheen so until I figure out what his problem is, showsheen it is!

I'd like to introduce my boys! Koke006
I'd like to introduce my boys! Koke003
I'd like to introduce my boys! Random3037

And next is my rescue Mac(or Mac Attack as I like to call him) He's a Appy/TB/Percheron cross with some other things thrown in there that I can't pick out. As for his age....I bought him thinking he was a 7y/o, the vet said he was closer to 12 and then the dentist said he was actually 16....that was 5 years ago so that would make him...21 this year? Oh well. Like I said he was a rescue. I worked on a farm where the manager would purchase horses from auction and use them on a dudeline and when he came through I couldn't take my eyes off him! I asked my boss if I could use him as a guide horse and he told me if I could catch him I could do whatever I wanted with him. What he neglected to tell me was that Mac had jumped a fence and ran wild for three years in Banff It took me three hours to catch him(that was with a halter already on him AND using grain to lure him) When I finally caught him he was VERY VERY spooky and pulled back nonstop(he almost pulled over my boss's trailer...opps) So we started working through his issues and I fell in love with him! I HAD to buy him then! Now after 5 years he's doing sooooooo much better! He walks up to me in any size field, catching is no problem now, never pulls back anymore, gives me his head when I ask. He's still a little sketchy around strangers and hot as hell under saddle but I enjoy the challenge.

I'd like to introduce my boys! Mac
I'd like to introduce my boys! Koke014
I'd like to introduce my boys! Random3012
cowgirlup114
cowgirlup114

Back to top Go down

I'd like to introduce my boys! Empty Re: I'd like to introduce my boys!

Post  FehrGroundRanch Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:46 pm

Good looking horses. I love morgans, that was the first breed of horse I had ever trained as well, they sure do have a good temperment!
FehrGroundRanch
FehrGroundRanch

http://www.fehrgroundranchs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  myevenstar Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Good for you, giving Mac a good, loving home. People may not have been willing to put in the same amount of patience with him to help him work through his issues, which is probably why he needed to be rescued in the first place!

Mac is a lucky guy!
myevenstar
myevenstar

Back to top Go down

Post  cowgirlup114 Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Thanks guys! Morgans do have the best temperment, don't they FehrGroundRanch? I can sit in the field with them and Koke always comes up and rests his nose on my head. So cute.

Thanks alot myevenstar! Mac is a very special boy. You won't believe how many people thought he would never come around and that he wasn't worth the extra effort. Well he's worth every single second we spend together and everytime he gets better and better. Just shows that every horse needs a second chance.
cowgirlup114
cowgirlup114

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Awesome boys! Your morgan boy is too darn cute :-) I love your older appy 'mutt mix'. If that one side pic of him is recent, he looks fantastic for his age.

Sorry I kinda skipped past all the words and went for the pics, I'm lazy like that. I'll read your story in a bit when I get back in. Nice to meet your babies :-)
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sierra Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Great pics, and love the background on your boys! I've been around Morgans for many, many years and they are such wonderful 'all around horses'. Kudos to you on your hardwork with Mac! He looks amazing for his age BTW! Sounds like he has found a wonderful home with someone who appreciates his personality and quirks Smile....I love the challenge horses too!
sierra
sierra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Cute horses! Your morgan looks like a little sweetie. I like morgans, own three of them myself.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamalittledream Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:38 am

Dici your such a fibber, you know Koke is a morab....hahaha. Mac looks great but hes missing a great big creamello pasture mate that likes to untie all the horses & wonder around turn all the horses loose bounce

Good to see you here, so I'm curious how did you find your way? Nosey aint I Cool
dreamalittledream
dreamalittledream

Back to top Go down

Post  cowgirlup114 Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Koke is pure morgan! He just wants to show off his super special awesome bum! Lol. Mac sure does miss his cremello pasture mate though. clown

And I found this site on kijiji. I was actually looking for you and couldnt find you! Damn it, you found me first......now I have to go hide again! Lol. Razz
cowgirlup114
cowgirlup114

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamalittledream Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:03 pm

Aw, banished to your cave so soon Wink You have to come back out & visit the Mighty Whitey, him & little Hank are doing great but more boys would sure make them happy lol!
dreamalittledream
dreamalittledream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down