Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Percheron Geldings in need...cross posting

3 posters

Go down

Percheron Geldings in need...cross posting Empty Percheron Geldings in need...cross posting

Post  LeahD Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 pm

Saw this and am cross posting in the hope of saving these Perch geldings who are being shipped within the next couple of days...They look lovely and are in good shape.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-livestock-for-sale-Percheron-Geldings-Going-For-Meat-W0QQAdIdZ173884696

"Unfortunately nobody is interested enough in these geldings to come and see them, so they will be going for meat. We just cannot afford to feed them. The cows need the hay. If you want to see them, you have maybe two days. All the responses so far have just been "tire kickers". We got questions like are they halter broke? Do they lead? Do they match? Are they broke to drive? Do people just read the title and respond? Answers to those questions have been here all the time. We are sad to sell them, but no choice. Do not respond and ask where we are going to sell them so you can pick them up cheaper. They are going to Edmonton.

We have 4 percheron geldings for sale, from 3 years to 12 years old. They were all born here, were all imprinted, are halter broke. Quiet nature, lead well. We are short of hay, and have no time to break them to drive. We need to downsize, would like to have them go somewhere to be used, rather than just go for meat!! Some of them were tied with their mom as colts as we did wagon rides, but haven't been driven on their own. Most of them are in the 1700 lb. range, maybe 16hh. Not registered. Mr. Big is solid Black, 3 yr old Sox has 4 white socks & white star, George has a white star, and Duke is bay. $600 each. We are an hour north of Edmonton. Respond by email (give us your ph.number), or phone us. Leave a message if no answer, and we will call you back asap. 780-349-2776."

LeahD

Back to top Go down

Percheron Geldings in need...cross posting Empty Re: Percheron Geldings in need...cross posting

Post  mollyr Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:31 am

I hate it when people do this. I understand that they can't afford to feed them but they shouldn't go to the slaughter house... I mean these people gave TWO days for someone to come and buy them. They could at least give them to a rescue group. This kinda thing bothers me because the horses never got a fair chance.
mollyr
mollyr

Back to top Go down

Percheron Geldings in need...cross posting Empty Re: Percheron Geldings in need...cross posting

Post  Bar N K Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:09 pm

Does anyone know what they sold for?

They had them listed on Kijiji for about a month that I saw. No one was interested in them because they weren't broke for driving.

Sad though.

Bar N K

http://www.barnkrescue.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LeahD Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Not sure what they sold for...they had been listed for a little while and then they gave the 2 days notice and then put them up again for another couple of days. The ad is no longer available. I had emailed and suggested meat price...didn't get a reply but noticed that they updated the ad and put $600 in bold...They seemed pretty set on the price and were not open to any other suggestions which is ridiculous as $600 is more than current meat price. So if the horses went to slaughter they still likely got less. Apparently, and sadly, the cattle took precedence.

LeahD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down