Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Boy And His Horse!

5 posters

Go down

A Boy And His Horse! Empty A Boy And His Horse!

Post  FehrGroundRanch Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:17 am

A good friend of mine took these pictures of my son (3yrs old) and his pony Dillon (2yrs old)

Dillon was actually not bought with the intention of turning him into a kids horse. I actually got him out of a rescue center (for far to much money) He was 8 months old and almost completely unhandled. You couldn't pet him past his shoulders without with turning around and trying to kick you. He was also very under weight, had terrible feet and was full, and I mean FULL, of ticks. After months of working with him every day this colt is one of the most loving, caring, trusting colts I ever met.

Over the last year Dillon and my son have developed a wonderful bond. I trust this horse as much as I will ever trust a horse with my son. My son eventually claimed Dillon for his own, which worked out fantastic (since Dillon only stands 13 1hh at 2yrs old) My son loves to go out and groom, lead, play with his pony.

A Boy And His Horse! GRDill002

A Boy And His Horse! GRDill0001

A Boy And His Horse! GRDill003
FehrGroundRanch
FehrGroundRanch

http://www.fehrgroundranchs.com

Back to top Go down

A Boy And His Horse! Empty Re: A Boy And His Horse!

Post  Newfie Rider Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Those pictures are adorable!!!! They look like such a cute pair!!
Newfie Rider
Newfie Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  FehrGroundRanch Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks so much. I just love the last picture, it looks as if they are communicating with each other.
FehrGroundRanch
FehrGroundRanch

Back to top Go down

Post  In Alberta Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:15 pm

What a nice story. Your son looks quite comfortable with his new pony. Look forward to updates when they are a bit older.

In Alberta

Back to top Go down

Post  FehrGroundRanch Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:51 am

Well Dillon isn't actually new, we've had him for 1.5 years.

They are a great little pair, he is the only horse that my son is comfortable with (he's actually rather nervous with horses)

There will definatly be lots of pictures in a couple of years when him and Dillon are out hitting the trails together. In April my son will have a new little brother to share is pony with as well. We will have to get pictures of both the boys with Dillon next summer!
FehrGroundRanch
FehrGroundRanch

Back to top Go down

A Boy And His Horse! Empty Re: A Boy And His Horse

Post  Dare To Dream Horse Rescu Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:02 pm

I just wanted to say it's so refreshing to see such a wonderful bond between the horse and your son. And especially that the horse is a rescue. Just goes to show that there are many horses that are going to slaughter that just shouldn't be there. They can make someone a wonderful lifelong friend if just given a chance. I hope you keep posting updated pictures and progress reports on them, it's so special when something like this happens.

Dare To Dream Horse Rescu

Back to top Go down

Post  FehrGroundRanch Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:09 pm

Thanks for the great reply! There will definatly be updates, I will have to get some pictures of him sitting on Dillon's back. (With me standing beside him) It's pretty cute!

That horse has no reason to be in the meat pen, and he's not the only one. He just needed someone to love him. I wouldn't give this boy up for the world.
FehrGroundRanch
FehrGroundRanch

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Oh, so cute! You always here about the girls and horses..boys and motor bike..it is so wonderful to here about the equaly horse loving boys!!!
I just bought my son 3 new mares, now to get them home!!! Not borke so have a job when they do get here Very Happy . It was a dispursal and if not sold going to market. I gave a bit over neet price, intended to get only 1 but, what can you do? The one had a friend and that one had a dam..couldn`t split them up could I? They still have about 10 more, I offered on another, a gelding but haven`t heard back. Question Horses go where they are supposed to go. If the gelding is meant to come here he will come, if not he wont.
Looks like your Dillion had a bad injury to his lip. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy yup so nice to see boys and their buddies!!! bounce bounce bounce
Oh, and congradulations on up coming baby yourself! (sorry not on much and just say this post!) Embarassed
swancreek
swancreek

http://www.swancreekandalusians.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post  FehrGroundRanch Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Yes, my son loves his horses. My step daughter is 9yrs old and she can't stand them, I have to force her to come out to the barn with me when she is here. I have strange childern! Laughing

Well that's fantastic that you were able to take on three new horses this year, it's pretty scary how bad of a year it is. Starving horses all over the internet already and it's only December! Poor critters! I thought about taking another one on, but it might be to much at the moment. We will see how I feel in the spring after baby is born.

Thanks for the congrats on the human baby! We are excited about it! Hoping for another horse loving little boy! Very Happy d

Dillon did have a bad lip injury here are the pictures.

Day One:
A Boy And His Horse! DillonsLip

Day Three:
A Boy And His Horse! DayThree

Day Eight:
A Boy And His Horse! DayEight

One Month:
A Boy And His Horse! Day22
FehrGroundRanch
FehrGroundRanch

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Great job fixing him up!!
swancreek
swancreek

http://www.swancreekandalusians.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down