Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wondering who is going to Mane Event

+7
KiddingAround
EquineAlberta
Sarah
myhillbilly
Reinergirl
TradeMark
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Wondering who is going to Mane Event Empty Wondering who is going to Mane Event

Post  Admin Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:45 pm

Just wondering how will be heading out tho the mane event in April???

Admin
Admin

https://albertaequine.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Wondering who is going to Mane Event Empty Re: Wondering who is going to Mane Event

Post  TradeMark Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:50 pm

I am finally going this year with some of my friends, mostly to shop and see some demo's. I'm pretty excited!
TradeMark
TradeMark

Back to top Go down

Wondering who is going to Mane Event Empty Re: Wondering who is going to Mane Event

Post  Reinergirl Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:01 am

This may be a silly question, but where is it being held??
Reinergirl
Reinergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TradeMark Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 am

The Mane Event is in Red Deer, though I'm not sure of the location that it's held at... if you google "The Mane Event" though, you should be able to find all the info!
TradeMark
TradeMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinergirl Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:30 am

Oh, I just found it! I am so excited! It's at Westerner Park... Al Dunning is going to be there! He's one of my favourite trainers! There is an application form you can fill out to ride with the trainers - too bad the deadline to enter was yesterday! Crying or Very sad Ah well, I'm going to fax it in tomorrow anyway and see what happens! Either way, I'll be there for sure! Thanks for the heads-up on that one! See, if it wasn't for this website, I would have never known about this! Woo hoo!
Reinergirl
Reinergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  myhillbilly Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Hey Reinergirl, just be prepared for the absolute BEST expo you will encounter in a long time! This weekend is a BLAST! Super shopping (bring a credit card!!) and INCREDIBLE clinics! Go for the entire weekend if you can, there is just so much to see, one day just doesnt cut it!! Have fun!
myhillbilly
myhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Maybe we should pick a day where we could all meet up for lunch at the mane event??
Any interest

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinergirl Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:47 am

Hi everyone!!!!

So I got the BEST news today!!! I was selected to ride with Al Dunning at the Mane Event in Red Deer on Friday, April 24th!!!!
Only problem is that I don't have a truck or trailer!
So, I'm looking for someone that can traler me there and back! I would certainly work around your schedule, but I'm thinking of either heading down Thursday night, then heading back Friday evening after I ride, or going down Friday morning, then staying overnight and heading back Saturday.
Of course I will pay you for your services, and you can have my free gate pass! I'll be really grateful, this is like a dream come true for me!
If you can't help me, but may know someone who can, please pass along my email to them: erincr20@hotmail.com
My guy is boarded in Stony Plain, just west of Edmonton.

Thank you so much!
Reinergirl
Reinergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:53 pm

I am going. Maybe working the Alberta Morgan Horse Club booth or the Equine Foundation Booth. Of course probably doing a little shopping.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  EquineAlberta Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:57 pm

I am riding on Friday in the Robin Hood clinic, along with one of my students. I figure it is good exposure for my horse as he hasn't gotten out much.

Reinergirl, I don't think horses are allowed to come until Friday morning according to the rider form.

I hope we don't get the crazy snow that fell last year on the weekend of the Mane Event!

Karen
EquineAlberta
EquineAlberta

http://www.hillsidestable.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:57 am

I'm there for sure. I used to go to the one in Chilliwack when I lived in BC, and I missed it last year!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  knipper Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Oh yeah, we leave at 0630 to make it to Timmy's... then road trip to Red Deer. We are doing it all on Saturday, and this is my third year going, with my evil sister. I'm dragging two other friends, let's hope we don't run out of purchasing room in the Jeep!

knipper

Back to top Go down

Post  ParkAvenueEquines Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:58 pm

I may or may not go, depending on whether or not I'm busy at the time. It's not exactly a major feat for me to drive to Red Deer (twenty whole minutes!), so if I decide to go, it will probably be last minute, lol.
ParkAvenueEquines
ParkAvenueEquines

http://www.parkavenueequines.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Wondering who is going to Mane Event Empty Ooooo! 1 week to go!

Post  myhillbilly Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Alright! My count down is ON!! 1 WEEK TO GO!!! I cant wait! I absolutly LOVE the Mane Event and not only am I going for the entire weekend, I am KIDDLESS, and HUSBANDLESS!!!!! This is like a mini vacation for me! Look out Red Deer!!!
myhillbilly
myhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:12 pm

It's HEEEEEEEEEEERRREEEEEE! I can't go today, as yesterday I got a flat tire so I am waiting for it to be fixed, but tomorrow I am SO there!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:24 pm

I get to write an exam tomorrow, yipee. Not.
So sadly I won't be making it down Sad
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:30 pm

Me not going either, I don't have any dollars to spend there. I don't have anyone to go with anyways, yah I have no friends lol
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EquineAlberta Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:08 am

The Mane Event was great yesterday! My horse was freaked out by the trick riders, drafts, mini ponies and feed back on the loud speakers, but hopefully he will be better today! Mette (dressage) is an awesome women and not the stereotypical dressage Master. I highly recommend her! The Robin Hood Clinic was great too. We are heading back today; I ride tonight again and plan to do some shopping!

Karen
EquineAlberta
EquineAlberta

Back to top Go down

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Did you see Crystal ride??? I want to know what Mette did with her and Lymrix.
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:24 am

The Mane Event has been great!!!! I have on all the days so far and riding in clinic with Dana on Sunday with my stallion DD TO A TEE!! Can't wait to learn so many new things

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EquineAlberta Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:36 pm

I saw some of Chrystal ride on Sat and the horse looked great, but to be honest that group seemed more like "showing off what the horse can do" then actually teaching...so the horses did the things they could already do well.
EquineAlberta
EquineAlberta

Back to top Go down

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:41 pm

EquineAlberta wrote:I saw some of Chrystal ride on Sat and the horse looked great, but to be honest that group seemed more like "showing off what the horse can do" then actually teaching...so the horses did the things they could already do well.
Yes this is what I heard from someone at the barn today. Now I am really glad I didn't go because I would have been very disappointed! Last year with Hilda there were a lot more individual sessions where she could actually work with the riders and horses. I think that Crystal was just happy to get that horse in front of a large crowd because he gets a little uppity sometimes with indoor crowds. It still sucks for her though, and the people watching. I heard from one of the organizers that she had strongly suggested Crystal was put in an individual session, I guess that didn't happen. There must have been more time constraints this year...
Whatever though we still have Stephen Peters and Christoph Hess coming, those symposiums should be excellent!
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down