Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare

5 posters

Go down

Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare Empty Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare

Post  swancreek Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:35 pm

At last. Our last Sueno baby was born July 14 at 2:30pm. Once she had suckled we brought her and momma Dixie up to the corrals. Bernie got his wish of a Palomino..now just to name the big moose!
Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_031
This is the little stinker at 1 1/2 hours old: Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_032
Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_033
Such Kissable lips! Typical Draft cross : ) Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_034
Beautiful Blue eyes..which should turn in time to hazel : ) Of course like all of Sueno`s babies she has the dorsal and leg barring... so really a Dunalino! Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_035
And today, July 15, not yet a day old..20 hours old beside one of our pony(Welsh cross) mares. : ) Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_036 Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_037
This is the first known PALOMINO 1/2 Andalusian from a Belgian mare..some people really like the Percheron crosses but we Love the Belgian and feel it is a much nicer cross! (JOHO) Very Happy
Now to wait till October when we have the foal by Shads!
swancreek
swancreek

http://www.swancreekandalusians.ca/

Back to top Go down

Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare Empty Re: Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare

Post  In Alberta Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Look how cute that one is too. Can't believe how thick the legs are.

Laura

In Alberta

Back to top Go down

Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare Empty Re: Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare

Post  swancreek Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:42 pm

LOL> Yeah she has big ol`legs! Should she stands 42 inches : )
Getting her legs more now and can really move! This is her now at a day old : )
Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_038
Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_039
We think she`ll get around the 17 hand mark and if not sold we`ll be hitching her to her half sister (full Belgian) in a few years. I`m just breaking her sister now to harness and of course saddle..I LOVE riding the big girls! Dixie is also broke to saddle and has been used in heavy pulls, log skidding in BC as well as a cart horse in Victoria, BC.
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:17 am

Awww she's cute!!! Congrats on her! Smile

I watched the heavy horse pull at the breed showcase this year and I was pretty impressed at how much weight a team can pull..was pretty impressive watching them pull and really dig in and use there hind ends to go forward....definetly better then the tractor pulls!.....LOLOL
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:32 am

I love watching them. Dixie will feel the coller then she leans right in with just her tippy toes on the front to start a pull then she digs in with all 4..she`s got a huge heart for pulling thatone..I hope her daughters are the same : )
Depends how they are started too. My grandfather said to never ask them to pull something they can`t till they have worked for 2 years in harness..that way they get mad and give thier all when they are mature.
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Good theory your grand father has! Smile

So just out of pure curiousity what do you plan to achieve by crossing these 2 breeds?

Honestly I never would of though to breed a Belgian to an Andy.....lol but clearly so far the offspring of the 2 breeds is nice looking!
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Kind of a duel purpose. Sport horse. Light enough for riding, driving, Dressage, jumping but big enough for light-to mid weight pulling and harness work on the farm. I already turned an offer down on this filly.
This is her now at 2 days of age... : ) Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_041
Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_042
Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_043
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Honestly of all the crosses to the Iberian horse I like the Belgian cross over the percheron cross (Spanish-Norman) not 100 impressed with some of the Aztecas running around but like what the Iberian horse does with the pony and Arab mares, : ) Our Dry Doc 17-Kileo grandaghter gave us a super Buckskin filly as a replacement this year..don`t now if I posted her. ?? Next year after Aurora foals and weans we will most likely put her down. She`s close to 20 and loves the foals but we wont be breeding her agian. She went throughhell after we sld her in the early 90`s, made it through the firs tyear here then we bred her twice for two nice foals, a colt Sold) and this years filly. Once more is okay. She should really be in a Purebred program again but not many people qualifing to lease her out for such. I expect great care (nothing fancy) but she has to be grained and loved on..and I keep the papers..people want a free horse to use and want the papers too. Not happening! Sign papers offer and thy can do anything they want to her. Don`t mind the breeding part but if she stops producing i don`t want her resold..she`s had to come back and be put down.
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:31 am

I'm not to fancy for the Perch cross's either...if there not crossed properly with the right mare/stallion then I think they end up to heavy (too much perch) in them Big and Light is nice, Big and Heavy not so much unless that's what a person wants....guess it's all just personal preference .....lol

I think you have a very nice filly there and will be interesting to see her mature!
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare Empty Our "Little" baby girl 2 months :-)

Post  swancreek Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:26 pm

Busy Busy Busy. THANKS LOUISE!!!! for emailing me! I "almost" forgot to visit here! Just so busy! Sold a number of babies with Sueno`s first born already settled in Ontario!
Here is our baby Danika who was born July 14th. Bernie wanted to keep her s I told him some others we where going to keep HAD to be sold for me to do so. I don`t mind. I think Bernie deserves to keep the PALOMINO he has always dreamed of owning! (He`s always wanted one) Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_044
Our Last Sueno foal out of a BELGIAN mare 2009_045
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  FehrGroundRanch Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Wow she sure has matured into a nice looking girl. I can't wait to see this one mature. How are the baby mules?
FehrGroundRanch
FehrGroundRanch

http://www.fehrgroundranchs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:00 am

The boy not t good, he`s tiny and fine and we gave him to a friend at weaning time, or will at ewaening time. The filly ended up being by our our dam MULE! before he was gelded! I guess. I thought mules couldn`t breed. Explains the spots coming in : )
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  FehrGroundRanch Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:02 am

Well there is a small chance that they can breed, I guess he was lucky! Laughing I hope the little guy does well, best of luck to his new owners.
FehrGroundRanch
FehrGroundRanch

http://www.fehrgroundranchs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:14 am

He will be SPOILED!!!
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  ABSOLUTELY RADIANT Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:39 am

Danika is a real cutie! Would love to see more update baby pictures of you 2009 foals bounce Would you be able to post info on how you can register when crossing your stud to other breeds? I know you have mentioned before if you cross certain breeds you can register some as Iberian Warmblood? Can't find good info, even with the registry....seems to me you can only get that with a TB/Andalusion, you can not cross with any other breed for that registry??? Is this true?
If anyone else is familiar with the Iberian warmbloods I would love to hear! study
ABSOLUTELY RADIANT
ABSOLUTELY RADIANT

Back to top Go down

Post  swancreek Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi Louise
I had to go to the business email t find the information you requested on this when you emailed : ) Maybe it went into spam Embarassed and you didn`t get my reply! Anyways here is what I sent back to you Sept 28 Very Happy
I did put new photos up of the baby Belgian cross as well Very Happy I believe it was right after I emailed you back..or it might of been the next day! LOL!!!
Take care.
sereena
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi Louise,
All foals by any of our stallions can be registered as half Andalusians out of non-andalusian mares : )
With the Iberian Warmblood Registry a horse must be proven to be at least 1/4 Andalusian. Meaning it must be out of at least a 1/2 bred Andalusian mare/stallion.
example: if I where to breed a REGISTERED half andalusian mare/stallion to even a draft or Arabian, that foal can still be registered as an Iberian Warmblood.
Personally I put more on being registered as a half Andalusian with the International Andalusian and Lusitano Horse Association then any other registry. It does cost more then the Iberian Warmblood registry but at least you can show at any IALHA show.
http://www.ialha.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74&Itemid=165#s29
A foal out of a non-andalusian by one of our stallions can be double registered as both half andalusian AND Iberian Warmblood. http://www.iberianwarmblood.com/registration.html ,
I do believe you can also register a foal out of a Saddlebred mare (Registered mare) as a half Saddlebred. http://www.asha.net/ASR-HSHA
Thank you for taking the time to look into registering any foal you may produce by an Andalusian stallion and wanting more then just to produce a foal out of your mares!
It is refreshing : )
On the subject, Merlin did produce a foal out of a reg. Saddlebred mare in 1998 or 99..I would have to see if I still have her pedigree in the old house..I am sure I do it is just looking in the RIGHT place! LOL
I do remember your name from AEC and thanks for emailing! I HAVE to post photos or ur newest baby that was born in July out of our Belgian mare! If you want to say WOW!!!! This PALOMINO is WOW WOW WOW! (We are NOT selling her LOL!)
Feel free any time to email my personal email at
swancreekfarms@yahoo.ca
any questions, concerns or just horse! : )
Maybe to night I will go to AEC and post : ) Haven`t had time this summer!
Sereena

This email and the information it contains is intended solely for the addressee. Copy or re-use of this information by anyone is unauthorized and violates copy write laws.

--- On Mon, 9/28/09, Louise wrote:
Subject: Info on registering
To: swancreekandalusians@yahoo.ca
Received: Monday, September 28, 2009, 4:46 PM

Hi...my name is Louise. I am on Alberta Equine Connection and asked you a question about crossing a American Saddlebred with one of your stallions. My user name is Absolutely Radiant. Any ways, you mentioned that I could register the foal as Iberian Warmblood or half Andalusion.
I have been trying to find info if that is so.......on the registry site they don't mention anything about "what" cross can or cannot register. Do you know of anyone that has crossed to the American Saddlebred to produce an Iberian warmblood? I really do love your boys and think it might work with my mares, but don't want to breed just to breed! I own four lovely mares with great bloodlines and my one mare has produced a Futurity Champion in the saddlebred world.......nothing against the show industry, but I want to promote the saddlebred for more then the show idea. Many saddlebreds have done great in jumping, dressage...I use two of my saddlebreds out in the mountains and can keep up to any horse. ..
So.....I am looking in another direction on my breeding program and would prefer live cover(if you do that?).....BUT I just don't want any cross to happen. So many months, many hours researching, I keep coming back to one of your stallions. I just want to make sure this foal can be registered and I also want to see some foals that have been crossed with the saddlebred to make sure this is the right direction for me.
Sorry for being so long winded, but I hope you can answer my questions and be honest in what you think.
My avatar is one of my mares and I can send pictures of another mare that I would like to use....she is registered as a pinto tobiano.....
Thank you
Louise
swancreek
swancreek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down