Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building a barn..any ideas what to build

3 posters

Go down

Building a barn..any ideas what to build Empty Building a barn..any ideas what to build

Post  Janus Sun May 03, 2009 10:38 pm

HI I have build a new barn....we jsut moved. I want the following: 2 box stalls, 2 or three ties..one that can be used for a stocks, then the usual tack room, feed room for small amount of feed, but the big thing is a warm up room where I can have a bathroom and a place to clean saddles, dry stuff and have a wood stove so I can get warm. I started out wanting a hip roof barn with a small room in the front and stairs to the loft where I would eventully have a bedroom....but figure it will be too expensive.

So now think it should be just a barn but I want something that looks good too. I figure a regular barn with a higher roof in the middle would look good..sorry I don't know what that style is called.... but then want the isle to run the short way because of the warm room. But then thought maybe just a small barn with a leanto on the south side for the warmup room....now have no idea what to plan.

Anyone out there seen anything that they can suggest or have any ideas? Pictures appreciated.

I do not use my barn a lot...but then when I do I need it to be functional and becasue of these Alberta winters need to be warm too........

Janus

Back to top Go down

Building a barn..any ideas what to build Empty Re: Building a barn..any ideas what to build

Post  Janus Fri May 08, 2009 7:08 pm

Well did find something interesting on my own...a fellow who builds modular barns!! Very nice solid wood construction with all hardware and stalls included set up on your site!

Janus

Back to top Go down

Building a barn..any ideas what to build Empty Re: Building a barn..any ideas what to build

Post  EquineAlberta Fri May 08, 2009 9:35 pm

We saw the modular barns at the Farm And Ranch show and the Mane Event...Very impressive looking if we are talking about the same ones.

Karen
EquineAlberta
EquineAlberta

http://www.hillsidestable.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus Sat May 09, 2009 12:34 pm

yep same ones we went out to the place he makes them. They can do a lot of different things and is great if you want a barn right away and all finished in a day.

Janus

Back to top Go down

Post  ashleym100 Mon May 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Whats the name of the company?
ashleym100
ashleym100

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus Mon May 11, 2009 10:49 pm

I left the brochure in the car. will get it and put info on here in the next few days.

Janus

Back to top Go down

Post  Janus Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Rocky Ridge Builders Inc. 403-373-3419 they are at RR 1, Markerville, AB T0M 1M0 I don't think they are on line but give them a call for a brochure.. I took some pics while I was there and may be able to email them to you. I want something a tad bigger so we are going to build it ourselves. It is a really neat idea and a super idea for the acreage horse owner.

Janus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down