Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are YOU doing this summer??

+4
nicky_ann
Newfie Rider
excelequine
DressageAndRhinestones
8 posters

Go down

What are YOU doing this summer?? Empty What are YOU doing this summer??

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:28 pm

As the only 4-5 months where there is usually no snow on the ground are fast approaching, everyone's probably making plans to do something with their horse(s). What is your big plan??

I'm hauling down to my coaches for the summer for boot-camp Razz And probably showing a little too. I'm hoping to get some jumping in too and eventually trailer to a cross country course and goof around a bit Razz
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

What are YOU doing this summer?? Empty Re: What are YOU doing this summer??

Post  excelequine Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:37 pm

I am planning on hitting the appy shows in Alberta this summer with my new stud and a few others. I am also planning to go to Canadian Nationals with them. And teach lots of my students and ride my other horses and play with my son etc. So yeah, VERY busy this year.
excelequine
excelequine

http://www.excelequine.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Newfie Rider Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:13 pm

This year I am going to introduce my boy to the world of Eventing. That's saying something as I've only ever done an event once (last year), so it should be interesting. I am also hoping to hit a couple of jumper shows during the summer, although I have to get everything in before the 24th of August as I am leaving on the 26th for Ontario for a month to get married. I'm thinking that I may try to hit one more show in October if I can find one that isn't too far away. Next year I'll plan to get to more.
Newfie Rider
Newfie Rider

Back to top Go down

What are YOU doing this summer?? Empty What are YOU doing this summer??

Post  nicky_ann Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:39 pm

This summer I am going to be working with my horse trainer to get my arab/trek trained to ride Very Happy It should be interesting considering what he did today with a saddle and the pressure! Twisted Evil
nicky_ann
nicky_ann

Back to top Go down

Post  FehrGroundRanch Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:16 pm

I plan to finish my mare this year! Very Happy
FehrGroundRanch
FehrGroundRanch

http://www.fehrgroundranchs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinergirl Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm moving my guy to a new barn at the end of April - they have roping on Sundays, so I'm hoping to do some of that for fun!
Other than that, I plan on going to a couple reining shows, maybe a cutting show if I'm lucky, and I'd LOVE to go camping with my horse!
Reinergirl
Reinergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Well, I found a travelling partner so I hope to get to some barrel races around here this summer with my boy. Nothing major, as we had last year off and only one season under our belts before that. Also, I'd like to teach him to rope, but as I don't know how it could be tough! LOL! Any volunteers!?!?!?!!?
My mare is semi retired, so we'll just use her to move some cattle around home, and quiet rides out and about.
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:11 pm

I'm planning on introducing Bella (and myself) to a show or two, some clinics... We got one coming up next weekend at Ken Schmuland's place. Diesel will have his first year out and about, we'll for sure hit Blackfoot more than a few times as will our other two. I'd like to go to a parade, but I hate being the organizer for that kinda stuff. We're all going camping mid June at Willmore Park, that's gonna be a gooder. We did Whitehorse Creek last summer, awesome place to camp but not many trails. I hear Drayton Valley has some fantastic trails and a great camping set up.
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down