Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Spruce Grove

2 posters

Go down

Greetings from Spruce Grove Empty Greetings from Spruce Grove

Post  Sammiw23 Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:59 am

Hello everyone, I'm Sammi and I am hoping to be aquiring a new horse very soon, if things go the way I hope they do. It will be my very first horse, not a pony this time (so I can actually ride it, which is nice), so Im very excited! I realise that getting into horse ownership is going to be an expensive and time-consuming thing, but Im willing to do everything I can to be the best owner I can be. I am going back to school in the fall for my second year of AHT school at NAIT, but Im not going to let that hinder me (actually having a horse will probably help me in school, lol). If anyone has any advice for me please dont hesitate to message me or anything, i could use all the advice I can get.

Sammiw23

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Spruce Grove Empty Re: Greetings from Spruce Grove

Post  In Alberta Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Welcome to the forum. What kind of horse are you looking for? What kind of riding will you be doing?

Laura

In Alberta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammiw23 Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:30 am

Well Im not looking for right away, since school in the fall and whatnot, but Im looking just for pleasure riding. I want a horse as a companion, maybe take up barrel racing with them if they have the potential.

As for the kind of horse Im looking for, Im looking for my first horse, lol, so that narrows down the potentials a lot. Im not picky about breed, but a bit of an older one, maybe around the 8-12 year range. I mean once I have my own place where I can keep a horse living with me my options will be a lot more, but right now they're very limited.

I also need to save up a bit more money, since I know horses are not cheap in any sense. My partner and I will both be in this together but I dont want to put everything on him, thats not nice, lol.

Sammiw23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down