Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 yr old mare, great for trails, potential for jr barrels/cutter etc

Go down

10 yr old mare, great for trails, potential for jr barrels/cutter etc Empty 10 yr old mare, great for trails, potential for jr barrels/cutter etc

Post  islander Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:43 pm

Has pretty much been being ridden by the kids in the round pen lately, would do well for an adult rider that is a novice (confident beginner would be ok too but this is a big horse)or semi experienced youth. Spent almost 60 days at the trainers this summer as she needed a refresher (did very well) because I bought her at auction and had no idea what her training was, she had been used as a brood mare for a few yrs. It was obvious quickly that she had a great deal of training but left her there anyway as I had another horse also there.

Grey fleabitten about 15.2hh or so, big girl and can carry any size rider. Feet and worming done last beginning of October. Trailers like a dream, easy to catch anywhere, even by the kids. Low in the herd, not a boss horse.

She's a sweetheart, NOTHING wrong with this horse but hubby says I have to downsize the herd.

Has JR barrel or games potential as she turns fast, neck reins well and has an immediate stop, would also be good for 4h youth and awesome for trails. May have some cow experience as she is interested in the neighbours cows. Used to it all: kids, quads, tractors, dogs, goats, pigs, cats etc

1500 firm

islander
islander

Back to top Go down