can you figure this out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

can you figure this out?

Post  mollyr on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Is this add b/s and a fraud or is it real? PLEASE READ
I WOULD LOVE TO BUY THIS IF IT IS A REAL DEAL

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/Edmonton/Horse_Trailers/1006/72532177/2008_2_HORSE_TRAILER_LAKOTA_BUMPER_PULL.aspx

I emailed the seller and this is what was said:
1st:
Hello,

It is still for sale..NO accidents

The trailer is in good working condition, clear title, no loans on it. There are no further investments required.
I am not in Canada anymore and that's the reason that I'm selling it. In fact I need money urgent to pay the loan for my house from UK.
It is located at the shipping company and it's ready for shipping. The shipping is free if you are located in Canada.

For any further information or don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.

Thank You

Anna

2nd:
Here are more pics http://picasaweb.google.com/joanna.saner/2008LAKOTA2HORSETRAILERLIVINGQUARTERS8FT?authkey=Gv1sRgCIivoIzfj6nxOQ#

I got nobody in Canada right now and the warehouse where the trailer is standing is private .

To complete our transaction I propose eBay Motors Vehicle Protection Program:
http://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/purchase-protection/
How it works:
1. You'll send to eBay Motors VPP the money .
2. They will secure your money and contact me to start the shipping.
3. I will start the shipping and I will email you the tracking number in the same day.
4. You will receive the trailer and you'll have 15 days to inspect it before take any decision.
5. If you like it you must contact eBay to send me the money. Or if you are not satisfied, just ask eBay for full refund. And the shipping company will pick up the trailer from you.
Important: You need to know that you can ask for full refund anytime for any reason. Also if you don't want it after inspection, no need to pay the ship back fees.
Let me know if is ok..so we can move on,

Thanks

Anna

and 3rd:

It is located somewhere near Toronto at that private warehouse.

In order to have a deal just send an email with YOUR COMPLETE NAME, SHIPPING ADDRESS AND A PHONE NUMBER to eBay Motors Trade Assistant:

etam-vpp@representative.com

Thank You

Anna
mollyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: can you figure this out?

Post  knipper on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:01 am

ask for the VIN and the person's full name. Take it to your local police station. If he can't give you a VIN or it doesn't match, contact Ebay to investigate, as he is using their name and services to commit fraud.

knipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can you figure this out.

Post  Dare To Dream Horse Rescu on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Do not under any circumstances send any money at all to whoever this person is. This scam has been going on in Calgary for quite some time. There is no trailer, and once you send money, it's gone forever. One of my volunteers checked out an ad just like this, and found out that it's just a scam to get money from unsuspecting buyers. The ad that was running on Kijiji on the Calgary site was reported many times as a fraud, and Kijiji barred the ad from being able to advertise on their Calgary site. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is.
Brenda of Dare To Dream Horse Rescue

Dare To Dream Horse Rescu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:43 pm

I had checked out something like this in the past and when I emailed to eBay about it they advised me that unless it is actually listed on eBay they do not have any programs attached to outside sales. I would bet money on all of them being fraud.
Sam

View user profile http://mxgirl.smugmug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top