My Two Big Kids and the House Furbabies (Picture heavy!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Two Big Kids and the House Furbabies (Picture heavy!)

Post  Stormygirl on Fri May 29, 2009 2:15 am

Jasper on the left (7yrs TB) Penny on the right (3yrs Clyde cross)

Penny showing off & shedding

Penny winter coat

Penny's close up

Jaspers first day out of Quarantine (sp?)

Jasper the day he was rescued from the auction

Baxter at rest

Baxter sitting pretty

Baxter close up

Pebbles at rest

Ummm, Pebbles at rest... again

Pebbles sitting pretty

Stormygirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Two Big Kids and the House Furbabies (Picture heavy!)

Post  FehrGroundRanch on Fri May 29, 2009 9:49 am

What is your Clyde crossed with? We have a 2 yr old Clyde/QH cross. She is a fantastic horse, and are looking for another horse with that cross for a driving teammate for our sweet girl.
FehrGroundRanch

View user profile http://www.fehrgroundranchs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella on Fri May 29, 2009 10:23 am

I LOVE your clyde mix, I have one as well :-) She's got a stunning face.

I think they make awesome mixes, full drafts are fantastic, but for me as riding horses I prefer mixes... Their size makes them a lot more convenient.

You going to train her to ride and drive? I'd love to train mine to drive some day, she'd look great pulling a nice pleasure cart. Those clydes got that beautiful high knee snapping action, I love their movement.
JezzaBella

View user profile http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  In Alberta on Fri May 29, 2009 11:22 am

Very nice, but your TB looks very nice and a good save. Your kitties are very cute also.

Laura

In Alberta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormygirl on Fri May 29, 2009 11:19 pm

FehrGroundRanch wrote:What is your Clyde crossed with? We have a 2 yr old Clyde/QH cross. She is a fantastic horse, and are looking for another horse with that cross for a driving teammate for our sweet girl.

We don't know exactly what she is crossed with as she was rescued from a PMU feedlot in Manitoba. Most of the other babies in there were QHand a few arabs and other drafts, so she could be crossed with almost anything. She is a big girl though already, 16hh and almost 1300 pounds. our vet said she should top out at around 17hh and 1500 pounds when she finishes growing.

Tammy

Stormygirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormygirl on Fri May 29, 2009 11:24 pm

JezzaBella wrote:I LOVE your clyde mix, I have one as well :-) She's got a stunning face.

I think they make awesome mixes, full drafts are fantastic, but for me as riding horses I prefer mixes... Their size makes them a lot more convenient.

You going to train her to ride and drive? I'd love to train mine to drive some day, she'd look great pulling a nice pleasure cart. Those clydes got that beautiful high knee snapping action, I love their movement.

Thanks, I think she is a cutie... but I am biased! I agree, the draft personality mixed with a riding horse are unbeatable. She is the most gentle horse, but can be a brat sometimes... she is still a baby though. We are eventually going to train her to drive, I want her well broke for trails first though as we'd like to go into the mountains with the horses. She does have a very floaty trot that is so pretty to watch!

Stormygirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella on Sat May 30, 2009 1:42 am

Stormygirl wrote:
FehrGroundRanch wrote:What is your Clyde crossed with? We have a 2 yr old Clyde/QH cross. She is a fantastic horse, and are looking for another horse with that cross for a driving teammate for our sweet girl.

We don't know exactly what she is crossed with as she was rescued from a PMU feedlot in Manitoba. Most of the other babies in there were QHand a few arabs and other drafts, so she could be crossed with almost anything. She is a big girl though already, 16hh and almost 1300 pounds. our vet said she should top out at around 17hh and 1500 pounds when she finishes growing.

Tammy

Our mare was a PMU broodmare before she ended up at the auction, her auction papers only said clyde mix... I have no clue what the rest is but she's not tall by any stretch, about 15.1 I'd guess (my appy is a touch taller and she's 15.2)

Kinda drives you nuts wondering, although it doesn't matter really, but curiosity kills lol. So many unanswerable questions, aggrrrhh.
JezzaBella

View user profile http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top