Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cougar in Ardrossan

4 posters

Go down

Cougar in Ardrossan Empty Cougar in Ardrossan

Post  Gallamist Sun May 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Just came across this ad on Kijiji and thought I would post it here as well.

Just to let any one in the Ardrossan area know there is a Cougar in the area again . Last Oct I lost a goat to one and last night it came back for a large lamb. I came out just as it had been killed ,I have the body and it was no way a Coyote. There were large slashes to the body that where as thick as a first finger and 3 inches long .
So watch out for your animals Cougars move in a 100 mile area they like meat and don't care what they get dogs to and they can jump a 10 ft fence.
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Cougar in Ardrossan Empty Re: Cougar in Ardrossan

Post  islander Tue May 26, 2009 6:36 pm

hmmm and i wasn't thrilled to see the bear at my place tonight lol Shocked
islander
islander

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Tue May 26, 2009 11:51 pm

I guess not!!!

There used to be a black bear that was always at the barn I boarded at in BC...he would sit on the corner of the riding ring until someone had to come from the house to scare him off...he was harmless, never hurt or bothered anyone or anything...just not a nice thing to see first thing in the morning....LOL

If people would quit clear cutting the bushes then we wouldn't see so many wild animals this close to living. Wink
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Wed May 27, 2009 10:30 pm

I think the fires around here have alot of the animals moving as a friend of mine has spotted 2 different linx in the Gibbons/Redwater area in the past 2 weeks. That definately is not normal for that species the best of time but to see 2 of them in the same area is odd.
Sam
Sam

http://mxgirl.smugmug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Thu May 28, 2009 9:01 am

Wow, that'd be AWESOME to see a Lynx. They are much smaller than cougars and much more elusive. My ex hunts a lot, and throughout all the years out in the sticks he's only seen a Lynx once. I used to have a lot of wildlife at my old house in B.C., we had a salmon run that would cruise down our creek every year and the bald eagles would migrate there. I was always scared for my cats about that, but they knew to stay close to the house and hide. We eagle proofed the bunny coop too lol. Had lots of mule deer, coyotes, raccoons, and a black bear made himself a trail up the ravine that was littered with our garbage. Was kinda funny, he wasn't being too inconspicuous lol. I used to have to throw things at him to scare him back down his trail so I could get to my car. I burnt my leg on our fire pit once throwing wood at him, he thought he'd come up and have a few beers with us lol.
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down