Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking with Winnie

Go down

Walking with Winnie Empty Walking with Winnie

Post  myevenstar Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Thought others might be interested in this site.

Moving to a place 3000 miles from Massachusetts puts a big dilemma before me. What about my little mustang, Winnie? I made a commitment to her when I adopted her. She is the rescue horse that rescued me, giving me a reason to get up every morning, during the worst phase of the business spiral down. I haven’t the money to trailer her and anyway, it seems wrong to do so.

When my neighbor asked me if I’d transport Winnie all the way to California, I found myself saying, “Oh, I wouldn’t trailer her. We can walk.”

He raised his eyebrows and chuckled, causing me to add, “Well, it’s not illegal!”

Winnie and I want to walk for several reasons. One thing we hope to do is to prove the value of the American Mustang, and to encourage continued protection for each animal, whether or not that horse remains in the wild or is put to good use by a loving owner

Together we’ve been training for a walk across America. Winnie and I want to thank you for visiting our web site to learn more about our adventure and America’s wonderful national treasure, the Mustang horse.

http://www.walkingwithwinnie.com/home.php
myevenstar
myevenstar

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum