Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

+4
TradeMark
Zada
KiddingAround
DressageAndRhinestones
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General Chat Empty General Chat

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Post random blurbs about your day, what you're feeling, chat with other users and anything else that isn't big enough for a whole topic to itself.
cat
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

General Chat Empty Re: General Chat

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:49 pm

I'm at school procrastinating on here Razz
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:57 pm

.........wasting time until it's chore time!.................Did go riding this afternoon though, so I did do SOMETHING with my afternoon!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  Zada Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Oh what I would have given to go riding today!! 13 degrees is a scorcher!

I spent the day worrying about my dog(/in school)... she just has surgery to get her eye removed Sad She was in an accident w/ my horse and spent a night in the doggy hospital in Calgary Sunday. She's recoverying wonderfully, but I'm 2h away and it's driving me nuts!!
Zada
Zada

Back to top Go down

Post  TradeMark Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Amber.. How is Zada doing at home now after her surgery? I read about the accident on another forum, and my stomach just dropped.. so happy she's alright!! That must have been terrifying.

Got to catch an evening bareback ride out in the mud today... I can't wait for the ground to be dry! I'm not picky though... warm weather is good enough for me lol Laughing
TradeMark
TradeMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Zada Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:33 pm

She's coping better than I am I think lol... go figure! Thanks for asking Smile I don't recognize your horse Embarassed

My field is one big mud puddle right now... can't wait for the green grass!! Glad you enjoyed your ride Smile
Zada
Zada

Back to top Go down

Post  TradeMark Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:48 am

LOL I don't post pictures much, I'm "xduckehx" on HGS Smile
TradeMark
TradeMark

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:27 am

Yeah I'm not gonna complain about the mud either, although I prolly spent more time grooming Bella (and it was even pretty half arsed) than riding her. My horse seems to like the mud more than my pig. My pig however isn't the best riding instructor, all she does is stand in the center squealing and barking... huh, prolly not unlike many instructors. har har.
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:20 am

The scariest thing ever happened at my barn yesterday!!
A lady was walking her horse and it laid down and died. Perfectly healthy, fit, UTD on everything!! The vet thinks he had a heart attack SadSad
RIP!! I'm keeping the old owner in my thoughts Sad
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:30 am

Wow! That is scary!!!!

Glad to hear everyone else is riding in slop! I basically just imagine that the grass is green, and the snow that Kid is trudging and tripping through is really tall grass........................
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:31 pm

.... tall grass OR the sandy beaches of Cancun. Bareback riding, sipping a mai freakin tai out of a coconut shell. Or out of a canteen strapped to your neck if your horse doesn't neck rein LOL. Hey, I can improvise!

I've ridden in Mexico, it was a big fat waste of my day and money. I wanted MY horse with me so bad, not this pony (literally) along with 30 other tourists who were completely horsie daft.
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Hmmmm, sandy beaches........soooooooooooo nice............Kid neckreins, so I can have my Mai Tai with a funky plasitc animal AND a umbrella in it!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Okie dokie, myself and Dancer will join!... hopefully the sand will soften up her jarring trot a bit lol.
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

Back to top Go down

Post  KiddingAround Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:48 am

Oh maybe! As long as we limit the running......that's when Kid feels the need to buck and I'd HATE to spill my drink!
KiddingAround
KiddingAround

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:58 pm

That's alcohol abuse if you spill your drink!....LOL

Went to my dr's appointment today...was not fun....LOL

Stopped in at work, got a ID Tag for John, a bone to chew on (he doesn't like the dino bone), and some carpet deoderizer (sp), Came home, cleaned up his seperation anxiety mess...nothing to serious just some miss placed stuff.

Went for a walk with Jackson and John, he's getting MUCH better now when he sees the stupid neighbours dogs come running and barking at him.

The dead coyote is still on the snow bank...was turned over today...wonder if someone did it or if another animal turned him over....looks like he's been there awhile, looks like just a skeleton with a hairy coat now...nice white teeth tho must be a youngin' Poor thing I feel bad for him.

Had a dream of the dead coyote the other night...LOL...that he was tied in someones backyard and he was trying to attack me , so I called the SPCA and told him to euthanize the dog, he's half dead.....

Then had a dream last night of a mini alligator at work that was attacking me but, he had multiple sets of teeth like a shark and he kept biting me in the leg and I was bleeding all over, got fired from my job for telling a customer to quite her bitching, and some lady bought 163 bottles of pet odor remover for carpets....LMFAO!!!

Yeah I have weird dreams! Nothing like the ones I had when I was pregnant tho! Whoa!!!!!!!!

Back to work tomorrow WoooHoooo Time and a half for working a holiday!!! Smile Smile

Looking forward to Ken's Clinic on Saturday...shall be fun and interesting!! Never done a clinic before. Smile

Well that's my mini blurb for the day.....hope you enjoyed reading..

OK Bye..... Wink pig
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:18 pm

My fav part was your Oinkerface, not to say it was boring but I really like Oinkerfaces.

I'm more nervous than excited about the clinic. I did practice Bella loading tonight after riding her, and she was awesome (first for everything!) I have to wash my saddle pad, Vern scuffed mud all across it from his gum boot.

Last edited by JezzaBella on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : saddle PAD not saddle BAD lol)
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

Back to top Go down

Post  TradeMark Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:15 am

Shannon, you guys are gonna do great at the clinic! We'll be there to cheer you guys on too, and get pics of all your awesome moments

Going on a road trip down to wetaskiwin today, then out to the barn to ride, than out to barn #2, to do some heavy duty cleaning.. LOVED our first rain last night too.. starting to feel like spring!
TradeMark
TradeMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:03 pm

SPRING SPRING SPRING now it's time for SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took the dog for a walk today after work and that's about it. Now watching the honckey game with Mike and the dog is passed out cold at my feet....LOL

Clinic tomorrow! YaY!!!! Never done a clinic before so shall be fun!!!
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  DressageAndRhinestones Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:57 pm

So on Thursday my mum and I took a half a day, drove down to Innisfail and bought a truck!
And today I had a clinic, so we hauled to it in our new toy Razz
And then my horse stepped on my foot.. I'm seriously doubting that it's going to fit in my boot tomorrow *rage*
I think we need angry smilies Razz
DressageAndRhinestones
DressageAndRhinestones

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Hey we had a clinic today too!

Where was your clinic at?
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamalittledream Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:16 pm

Well after having a great time cheering everyone on at the Clinic (Ken's) I spent the rest of the day with my daughter. We just got 2 of the horses settled into our new place Thursday night, so we took them out & brushed a third horse worth of hair out of each. After that we took them up to one of the big pastures with our new dog Bella & just let them graze a little. Whitey Loved it & Hank (our new rescue) is settling in great. Then we had a bar b que on our deck in the the sunny breeze of early evening...I think I died & went to heaven. sunny
dreamalittledream
dreamalittledream

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:18 am

CB!!! You had me stumped on the name change! I had to really think and look to figure out it was you!.....cause you know the avater didn't quite help me cause i'm not so bright at 8am.....LOLOL
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamalittledream Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:30 am

I got bored with my usual names (Whitey & Shenanigans) , their too overused lol Razz ...It was a good day yesterday wasn't it?
dreamalittledream
dreamalittledream

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:14 pm

Yeah was a good day!.. To bad we didn't get to stay to the end tho.

But, will definetly be interested in another one this year for sure!.

This time we won't get lost or get any vehicles stuck!!!......LOLOL

Was fun driving that big international truck tho! We had a blast on the way home..heheh
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  TradeMark Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Driving home in the international rocked my day LOL. I'll post some pics from the clinic once I get them done.. (434 pics takes a while to go through apparently)

I'm hoping to go to their clinic in June, the friday to sunday one. It was nice to get an idea of what the clinics are like though... and I think 3 days will be better, one day to freak out and one day to get down to business lmao
TradeMark
TradeMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum