Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Blackfoot trail riders out there??

+2
Neil Dimmock
sierra
6 posters

Go down

Any Blackfoot trail riders out there?? Empty Any Blackfoot trail riders out there??

Post  sierra Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:38 pm

Hey there...wondering if anyone on here rides out at Blackfoot. Now that spring appears to finally be here I can't wait to get out on the trails once it dries up a little. If anyone is interested in a trail buddy let me know...I plan on heading out as often as time permits this year.
sierra
sierra

Back to top Go down

Any Blackfoot trail riders out there?? Empty Re: Any Blackfoot trail riders out there??

Post  Neil Dimmock Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Last edited by Neil Dimmock on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Neil Dimmock

http://hitchmasterspercherons.googlepages.com/home

Back to top Go down

Any Blackfoot trail riders out there?? Empty Re: Any Blackfoot trail riders out there??

Post  sierra Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Let me know what shape the trails are in if you do go out.....I wish I could make it out this weekend but it's that family Easter kinda thing!
sierra
sierra

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinergirl Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:14 pm

Where are the Blackfoot trails? I'm scoping out places to trail ride this summer!
Reinergirl
Reinergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  sierra Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:48 pm

http://www.dotheblackfoot.ca/

There are a few different staging areas...but I always ride out of Waskehegan (RR 210 about 4 miles south of Highway 16).

Fantastic trails out there, very popular riding area in the County.
sierra
sierra

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinergirl Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:59 pm

Ooooh, I just had a look - I'd love to go! Maybe we could arrange an AEC trail ride? I love to get my guy out to as many different places as possible....
Reinergirl
Reinergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:37 pm

I would love to ride Blackfoot buy regular riding partner is a very nervous rider who likes to stay within a couple mile radius of her home just incase her horse acts up..... if anyone is looking for a Sunday/Monday riding partner let me know. I am just getting back into riding after being off a horse for over 10 years so I would like to get some saddle time in on my new gelding. He was just started in October but is really quiet and doing quite good, just needs ride time now.
Sam
Sam

http://mxgirl.smugmug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallamist Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:55 am

Ohhh Blackfoot is NICE!!

We went last year just before it got winter like outside.....LOL

We had a really great time, nice open fields to ride in, nice trails and sooooo quite out there!!!!!

Cant' wait to go back this year.
Gallamist
Gallamist

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzaBella Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:08 am

You can cover a lot of ground there if speed is your thing, or you can just chillax and take in the day and have equal as much fun. It's never been busy the times I've been. I rode there with a friend who endurance races, and myself on my arab... we covered 22 km and neither horse was phased at all. It was a blast
JezzaBella
JezzaBella

http://www.vershantieranch.20fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinergirl Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:17 pm

Shivers - I'll be your sunday/monday trail buddy! Those are my regular days off, and I'd LOVE to get out and ride some wide open spaces this summer!
My guy is 8 years old - not a super experienced trail horse, but he is fairly quiet and smart, so not much phases him... I take him out on back roads all the time.
My only issue is that I don't have a truck or trailer, but I'll definitely contribute towards gas, etc... Of course, if you don't have a trailer, we're going to need another friend! Wink
Reinergirl
Reinergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:24 pm

Hey Reinergirl. What area are you located? I am up in Redwater and keep Shivers between Redwater/Gibbons. Your schedule matches mine as I have Sunday/Monday off all the time too. I don't have a trailer but I have one that I can borrow whenever I want. It is my husband's boss' trailer so it is handy and close. It doesn't look like much but it is safe. I have stuff planned for the next 3-4 Monday's but we will have to work something out for the end of May!
Sam
Sam

http://mxgirl.smugmug.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinergirl Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Sounds good! Should be nice and warm (and dry!) by the end of May...
My guy is in Stony Plain, about 5 min north of the Yellowhead.
Reinergirl
Reinergirl

Back to top Go down

Post  sierra Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Hey Shivers - I'd love a riding buddy to head out with and am pretty flexible on days, Sundays work better than Mondays for now but the summer is wide open. I only live 15 minutes from the Waskahegan staging area and love to get out whenever I can. I have a nice solid mare that I ride out there, she's pretty easy going and doesn't get too silly around new horse company.
sierra
sierra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down