Alberta Equine Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equine Dentist

5 posters

Go down

Equine Dentist Empty Equine Dentist

Post  Margaret Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Equine Dentist will travel anywhere in Alberta to serve the dental needs of your horses. Spring is a good time to get an UTD full equilibration with new bitseats. Horses perform better with 60% more airflow for the disciplines he is trained to do.

Horses under five years should see an Equine Dentist every 6 months to have deciduous teeth extracted so the new permanent tooth bud has that space to erupt into. Wolf teeth extractions should be done as well.

Horses five years and older need dental work every twelve months to smooth off razor sharp buccal and lingual edges on their molar tables. Maintaining the incisors assures a three point balance between the temporomandibular joints and molar tables.

I love horses and dentistry. I know I can leave them more comfortable than I found them. It makes them more agreeable and safer for the owner to handle.

Book Early to assure your appointment. 403-783-4619 or 403-783-9821 cell.

Margaret

Back to top Go down

Equine Dentist Empty Re: Equine Dentist

Post  Zada Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Where are you located? I know you said that you travel, but I'm just curious!

I have to get my horses teeth done this spring, but I was going to go through my vet. How much do you charge for travel and the floating?
Zada
Zada

Back to top Go down

Equine Dentist Empty Equine Dentistry

Post  Margaret Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Hello there,

Thank you for you interest in bringing comfort to your horse. I live at Ponoka and yes I travel all over the province.

My fees are: 195.00 for 1-5 horses.

185.00 for 6 or more horses (group rates)

When 10 horses are done at the same site.. the 11th horse is done free for the host place.

The annual check up is 125.00 because we are maintaining the work already done.

Mileage is 1.00 per km one way and is shared by the participating owners.

I look forward to helping you bring a comfortable three point balance to your horse and I pledge you my best work.

Thank you kindly for your time!

Margaret E Rougeau EqD

Margaret

Back to top Go down

Post  myhillbilly Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Margaret has done work on my horse! I assure you, she's the best! Amazing job! XOXO Margaret!!!
myhillbilly
myhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  buckskinchic Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:30 pm

I don't mean to offend, but what is the advantages of going to an Equine Dentist over a Veterinarian? The veterinarian in my areas price is much lower.

buckskinchic

Back to top Go down

Post  myhillbilly Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:15 pm

There is no offence taken!!! Prior to meeting Margaret I had NO IDEA of the difference either! Basically, my "understanding" is that an Equine Dentist specializes in horses teeth!!! There is a 5 year program to learn to do this, and a vet, although they have a great deal of knowlege, many only have the "required" training in teeth. There are even vets that wont touch teeth, because they dont know enough. Just think of it as your doctor will send you to a dentist for mouth/teeth problems, or your optometrist will send you to an opthamologist for eye propblems. Basically the same thing. I'd rather have my dentist check and fix my tooth/teeth problems than my family doctor! I wouldnt go to my dentist to fix my knee!!! Send Margaret a message if you have questions! I know she'll answer them for you!
myhillbilly
myhillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  buckskinchic Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:29 am

But they cannot be sedated for the dental or be given antibiotics afterwords if needed without a vet?

buckskinchic

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue May 19, 2009 12:13 pm

There are vets that support the equine dentists and will come out to sedate the horse.

Angelique

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down